There are way too many crappy Bluetooth speakers out there. Go to Best Buy and you’ll probably see 20 of them. And most likely 90% of those are terrible. I’ve been on the lookout for a worthy Bluetooth speaker for years and I think I have found one that finally lives up to the specs I would consider buy it for life BIFL.
The Logitech UE Boom 2 is the follow-up to last year’s Boom speaker. This year they added some crucial features that I believe makes this an absolute home run purchase. First off, this year the whole speaker is IPX7 waterproof. Meaning that you can take this and literally drop it in the pool and it will be fine for up to 3o minutes. It’s made of a durable polycarbonate material that make the speaker feel like a tank.
But how does it sound? Excellent actually. Bass response is amazing and the highs and mids are crisp and clean. The unit can get as loud as 90dBA with it’s two 1 3/4″ drivers. The unit features the latest Bluetooth low energy LE spec so you won’t be killing your phone’s battery when paired to it. It also features NFC (near field communication) for quickly pairing your device to the speaker by tapping it on it. For those of you that are more old-school, the Logitech UE Boom 2 also features a handy 3.5mm audio jack for connection devices. We heard of many people using this speaker as their main driver on a computer rig, just plugged into the 3.5mm jack.
Any way you slice it, the Logitech UE Boom 2 is the one to beat right now, offering a slick design, killer durability and long-lasting battery life.
UE BOOM 2 Phantom Wireless Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Waterproof and Shockproof)
26 used from $ 47.95
- Insanely good, loud 360degree sound with deep bass
- Portable design so you can bring the music anywhere
- Waterproof*, shockproof, designed for adventure (* IPX7 rated waterproof up to 30 minutes and a depth of one meter)
- 15hour battery life and 100 ft. Bluetooth wireless range (Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles)
- Tap the speaker to play, pause or skip songs