MSR makes some of the best camping gear around, and this is especially true when it comes to camp stoves. The MSR WhisperLite Universal Stove is a best-in-class camp stove that can utilize both gas and liquid fuel canisters. At 11.5 ounces, this stove is truly capable of being packed for a long hike. Not to mention that this stove features MSR’s lifetime warranty. With over 65 five star reviews on Amazon, this is one of the most well-regarded camp stoves available.
If you’re not interested in a canister fueled unit, definitely check out my personal favorite stove: The Trangia.
MSR WhisperLite Universal Stove
1 used from $ 217.68
- Hybrid-fuel stove is MSR's first to combine canister and liquid fuel capabilities into one comprehensive package
- Built on upgraded WhisperLite chassis featuring improved stability, lighter weight and simplified maintenance; burns almost any fuel
- Patent-pending AirControl technology delivers optimized performance across all fuel types, in a lightweight package that won't slow you down
- 11.5-ounce minimum weight and one-pound, 3.4-ounce packed weight; 110-minute burn time with 20-ounce canister of white gas, 75-minute burn time with eight-ounce canister of MSR IsoPro fuel, and 155-minute burn time with 20-ounce canister of kerosene
- Includes limited lifetime manufacturer's warranty; made in Seattle, WA