Blenders are an absolutely essential kitchen appliance. Whether you’re just doing daily protein shakes or crushing ice, a good blender is the difference between bliss and frustration. You see, most blenders out there are pretty much awful. They have very little power and are not very durable at all. We have gone and created our top ten of the best quality blenders that will stand the test of time and never run out of juice for your extreme blending needs.
The major consensus is that there are two companies that are battling for blender supremacy. These are Blendtec and Vitamix. Each of them have a dedicated following and both are excellent choices for your next blender.
First we’ll start with the creme of the crop. From Blendtec we have the Blendtec Pro 800. This is arguably the best consumer blender you can buy. It’s main selling point is how quiet it is. You see, when dealing with blenders with super powerful motors, they can get very noisy. Even very expensive ones are generally quite noisy. What Blendtec has done with the 800 is enclose the actual blender in a sound enclosure. This is similar to what you’ll see at juice bars in malls. This dampens the noise and provides for a much nicer experience. So its quiet… so what? Well, this blender also includes a 3.8 horsepower motor with 11 speed settings. Everything is accessible through their sleek touchscreen slider interface that was introduced a couple years ago. This is awesome because it makes the machine very easy to clean since there are no physical knobs or buttons to get gunked up. Blendtec are those guys that make those “Will it blend?” videos where they blend up things like iPads and Nintendo Switches… So clearly their blending technology is very awesome.
The competition to the Blendtec Pro 800 is the Vitamix 780. Featuring a slick touchscreen interface and a 2.2 horespower motor, this is unit is right up there with the best. This unit doesn’t feature the same silencing enclosure that the Blendtec does so it will certainly be louder. But other than that it is basically a toss up between these two top tiered models. Another thing to note is Vitamix blenders tend to be a bit taller than any Blentecs on the market. So if you are fitting it under your cupboards just make sure you measure the height first.
Moving on, if you want all of the awesomeness of both Blendtec and Vitamix, but without going to their top models. For Blendtec we highly recommend the Blendtec Designer Series. This is probably one of the best bangs for the buck on the list. Almost everything from the Pro 800 is included here (even a 3 horsepower moto), minus the sound enclosure. It even has Blentec’s awesome “wild side” jar which does a great job of keeping whatever you are blending moving in the jar instead of just gumming up and getting stalled. If the touchscreen on the Designer series isn’t for you, then consider the more analog looking Blendtec Total Blender Classic. Think of these two units as virtually the same except for the interface.
Check out our detailed review of the Blendtec Designer Series blender here.
Vitamix has some really great middle-tier blenders as well. The Vitamix A3500 in their Ascent series is one of the best blenders around. It is an absolute beast, with a 2.2 horsepower motor, a built in timer, built in WIFI to measure the size of the container attached for optimal settings… This thing has it all. What’s important here though is not all of the fancy bells and whistles. This is still a made in the USA powerhouse that uses professional quality parts. You won’t have any problem blending ice cubes (or even iPads) with this one. Want something a little simpler? Then check out Vitamix’s 7500 model. This takes all of the power of the other models and boils it down to a truly analog blender. No touch screens, no WIFI, just pure simple power. If you need similar simplicity but tend to do large batches of smoothies, soups, whatever… Consider the Vitamix 5200 with its large 64 ounce container. Essentially any of these Vitamix units will be top of the line, so it comes down to the interface and small features.
A step down in quality (but still excellent) is the Ninja. It comes in a Ninja Professional model as well as in a big kit called the Ninja Mega Kitchen that includes a nice array of additional containers. This thing won’t match the quality and power of either the Vitamix or the Blendtec, but it is pretty good for the price.
Lastly, we wanted to include one on the list that is for budget oriented buyers. This is the Breville Hemisphere blender. It’s nothing to write home about, but packs in pretty much the same feature set as the middle of the road Vitamix for a fraction of the cost. You will likely experience a few more “clog-ups” with things like ice cubes and lots of sticky liquid, but overall you won’t be disappointed.
Again, if you’re looking for the best, you really have to be considering a Blendtec or a Vitamix. Period. There are no other companies that come even remotely close.
Ten of the best quality blenders you can buy
Blendtec Pro 800 with WildSide Jar, Black
- THE WORLD'S QUIETEST BLENDER: The Professional 800 operates at a sound level that won't interrupt. Housed in a sleek, sealed sound enclosure, it features the most advanced proprietary sound dampening and airflow innovations anywhere, proving that industrial strength power doesn't require industrial strength noise
- ILLUMINATED, CAPACITIVE TOUCH INTERFACE: Illuminated display provides feedback, information, and time remaining
- 6 PREPROGRAMMED CYCLES: Batters, Mixed Drinks, Smoothie, Frozen Treats, Whole Juice, and Hot Soup
- 11 SPEED TOUCH SLIDER and PULSE: For the ultimate precision speed control, the Professional 800 features an 11 speed capacitive touch slider. Users can blend to the perfect consistency simply by sliding a finger up and down the control panel. The pulse button adds a burst of high speed blending power
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: Professional 800 motor base, One BPA jar WildSide jar with vented Gripper lid, and Blending 101 quick start guide and recipes
Vitamix G-Series 780 Black Home Blender with Touchscreen Control Panel
8 used from $ 375.00
- Touchscreen Control Panel^Automated Blending^Low-Profile 64-ounce Container^Pulse Feature^Five Program Settings
Blendtec Designer Series Blender, WildSide Jar - Black
1 used from $ 358.00
- Commercial-quality 1,560-watt countertop blender with 3 peak horsepower direct-drive motor
- The control surface features illuminated, easy to read, universal icons that enable effortless selection of our signature blend cycles
- BPA-free Triton Polyester jar with patented cold-forged wingtip blades
- Includes Wild Side blending jar; secure-fitting vented lid; user guide and recipe book with more than 230 great tasting recipes
- 7-year manufacturer warranty
Blendtec Total Blender Classic, with FourSide Jar, Black
6 used from $ 228.44
- Commercial-Quality: For years, blending professionals have used Blendtec machines in the best coffee shops, juice bars and eateries around the world. The Total Blender Classic delivers the same great results in your own home. A 1,560-watt countertop blender with 3.0 peak horsepower motor ensures commercial quality
- Features 6 preprogrammed blending cycles: Batters, Ice Crush, Smoothie, Ice Cream, Whole Juice, Hot Soup with easy to read touchpad controls and 10 speed plus Pulse. This exclusive blend cycle technology creates the perfect blends with the touch of a button.
- Measures 15.5 inches tall, fits perfectly under most kitchen cabinets
- Includes the Blendtec FourSide Jar with Vented Gripper Lid. The FourSide jar effectively harnesses the power of your Blendtec blender. Blunt safety blade is thicker and stronger than other blender blades. The Jar is made from impact-resistant, BPA-free copolyester. The FourSide jar is compatible with all Blendtec consumer blenders.
- Warranty: 8 years
Vitamix A3500 Brushed Stainless Blender
2 used from $ 524.99
- Five program settings: smoothies, hot soups, dips and spreads, frozen desserts and self-cleaning
- Auto adjusts blending times and speeds for the specific container used and stops when complete
- Built-in digital timer and Variable Speed Control streamline manual recipes
- Convenient, under-cabinet profile that fits easily in kitchens of every size
- Made in the USA
Vitamix 7500 Blender, Black
2 used from $ 450.00
- With our most powerful motor for household machines, quickly blend virtually any whole-food ingredient with ease
- The 64-ounce Low-Profile Container is perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets
- With the Pulse feature, layer coarse chops over smooth purees for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups
- Product Dimensions : 17.5 x 7.7 x 9.4 inches
- Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purees to the heartiest soups
Vitamix 5200 Blender, Black
1 used from $ 247.77
- The size and shape of the 64-ounce container is ideal for blending medium to large batches
- Easily adjust speed to achieve a variety of textures. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend, so you're in complete control
- The power and precision of our patented designs are able to pulverize every recipe ingredient, including the tiniest seeds
- The blades in the Vitamix container reach speeds fast enough to create friction heat, bringing cold ingredients to steaming hot in about six minutes
- Material used : BPA-free Eastman Tritan Copolyester. Manufactured in Cleveland, Ohio USA
Ninja Mega Kitchen System (Blender, Processor, Nutri Ninja Cups) BL770
3 used from $ 109.95
- 72 oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies.
- 8-Cup Food Processor Bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 lbs. of dough in 30 seconds.
- Two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja cups with To-Go lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go.
- Dishwasher-safe and BPA-free parts.
- Includes one 1500-watt base, a Food Processor Bowl, 72 oz. Total Crushing Pitcher, two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids, and a 30-recipe inspiration guide.
Ninja Professional Blender (BL610)
7 used from $ 58.17
- 1000 watts of professional performance power and sleek design
- Makes drinks and smoothies in seconds with total crushing technology
- Includes a safety feature that keeps the blades from spinning unless lid is secured
- BFA free and contains dishwasher safe parts
Breville BBL560XL Hemisphere Smooth Blender, Silver
- Ice Crushing
- 8 Task Controls
- Smoothie Program
- 48 Ounce Tritan Jug
- BPA Free 600 Watt High Power