Lodge cast iron skillet
There is no pan in the world as sturdy as a cast iron skillet. This Lodge cast iron skillet is both affordable and very durable. And if you’ve ever used one of these you’ll know that they are the best at searing and sauteeing dishes. Because of the cast iron construction these skillets have amazing heat distribution (unlike many other conventional cheap pans). They do need to be “seasoned” using oil in order to work properly. But if they are seasoned they are essentially naturally non-stick.
These are also one of the more versatile kitchen tools. They can easily be put in the oven, used for grilling and even cooking over a campfire! Just be sure that you don’t drop this sucker on your hardwood floor, it’ll do some damage. Overall, a properly maintained cast iron skillet will likely be something you can pass onto your kids. They’re absolutely durable enough to be considered “buy it for life” (BIFL).
Lodge Cast-Iron Skillet L10SK3ASHH41B, 12-Inch
2 used from $22.27
- Seasoned with oil for a natural, easy-release finish that improves with use
- Easy care: hand wash, dry, rub with cooking oil
- The right tool to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry or grill
- At home in the oven, on the stove, on the grill or over the campfire
- Great for induction cooktops