It’s that time of year again! The cool air is moving in and you can just sense that classes are about to jump into high-gear. Considering you can be in school for years, and a lot of the gear you buy can be used well into your first career, why not buy stuff that will last? There are some absolutely key best buys when it comes to durable, high quality BIFL back to school products. So without further ado:
Here are our picks for The top 5 durable back to school products:
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphics Calculator
If you check out any discussions of BIFL products online you will surely run across the fabled Texas Instruments TI-84 graphing calculator. Every once and a while a product comes along that just has the perfect mix of functionality and ridiculous quality. The TI-84 is one of those products. You’ll hear grown-ass adults raving over the calculator they bought in 1989 that is still on their desk well into their career. The reality is that the TI-84 (and the newer upgraded TI-84 Plus) are simply the best graphics calculators you can buy. They’ll last you… decades? We’re not even sure how long these last yet, but many decades old ones are still going strong.
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Ballpoint Pen
I love Parker pens. They feel great in the hand, have a good weigh to them, and will likely outlast human beings on Earth. You simply can’t kill these pens. I have a father-in-law that is a certified Parker pen addict. And he has collected thousands of different Parker pens, many of which are in amazing condition but were manufactured in the 1950’s and 1960’s. As long as you have a couple ink refills, Parker pens are about as good as it gets. Not to mention that you don’t need to spend a fortune on these. Do yourself a favor, put down the Bics and get a nice Parker Jotter.
Fjallraven Kanken Big Backpack
You’re going to need a great backpack for school, that is a fact. Please stop buying terrible bags that only last a few years. Consider shelling out a bit of extra dough for something like the Fjallraven Kanken Big Backpack. Fjallraven are known for their incredibly durable vinyl fabric used on their bags. Match that with a bag that looks just as good as it wears and you have a perfect bag for back to school.
Osprey Pixel Daypack
We love bags so much that we threw a second one on this list. The new Osprey Pixel Daypack is a perfect laptop bag. It is constructed out of super durable 600D polyester and will take whatever you can throw at it. But the magic here is the amazing fleece-lined laptop sleeve. So throw your Surface Pro or Macbook air in this sucker and forget about it. It will take care of the laptop so you can continue to live your life. Osprey maintains their lifetime warranty on all of their bags and this one is no exception.
Here is the full list of our top 5 durable back to school products:
Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator, Black
170 used from $57.95
- All-purpose graphing: pre-algebra, algebra 1, 2, geometry statistics, biology, physics, business and finance
- Preloaded apps, 480 KB ROM, 24 KB RAM
- Function visualization, 96 x 64 display resolution
- Proactive case and USB cable included
Parker 1953170 Jotter Ballpoint Pen, Stainless Steel with Chrome Trim, Medium Point Blue Ink, Gift Box
4 used from $10.30
- Streamlined style with clean lines for a fresh take on the iconic PARKER Jotter design
- Stainless steel barrel accented by high shine trims and an arrowhead clip
- Signature retractable design opens and closes with a satisfying click
- Fitted with Quick flow ballpoint refill for optimal ink flow and a smooth writing experience; blue ink; medium tip; also accepts PARKER gel refills
- Packaged in a distinctive PARKER gift box
Hydro Flask 40 oz. Water Bottle with Straw Lid - Stainless Steel, Reusable, Vacuum Insulated- Wide Mouth, Rain
5 used from $39.95
- Straw Lid is leakproof and makes cold refreshment that much easier
- Carry loop makes Straw Lid easy to transport and comfortable to carry
- Honeycomb Insulated cap for maximum temperature retention
- Made with 18/8 pro-grade stainless steel to ensure durability, pure taste and no flavor transfer
- TempShield insulation keeps beverages cold up to 24 hours and hot up to 12 hours
Fjallraven, Kanken Laptop 17" Backpack for Everyday, Black
- ICONIC: Classic Kanken with a twist. Same design, updated size. Stash your 17" laptop in its own padded compartment and still have the main compartment and three extra pockets for everything else.
- PRACTICAL: Meet the material: Vinylon F. It has a weird name but it's dirt-resistant, water-resistant, and wipes clean.
- FUNCTIONAL: Two-way zipper with rain flap for more protection. Padded, ergonomic shoulder straps for the long haul. Dual top snap handles for quick carry.
- ROOMY: 20 L of storage space for everything you need and some things you don't. Measures 16.9" (43 cm) x 11.8" (30 cm) x 7.1" (18 cm). Weighs 1.1 lbs.
- HERITAGE: Durable, timeless, functional. Since 1960.
Osprey Daylite Daypack, Black, One Size
- Large panel loading main compartment provides accessibility to inside contents
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets provide additional storage options
- The multi-function interior sleeve can be used for either a hydration reservoir or tablet
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel provides both comfort and ventilation.
- Front zippered pocket with mesh organizer and key clip