John Snow isn’t the only one warning that winter is coming… It’s almost here and you better be thinking about how you are going to clear all of that dastardly snow when it does come. For years people have struggled with gas snowblowers that act up over time and aren’t exactly pleasant to use. And even worse are the electric models that use extension cords. But we now have another option: lithium ion cordless snowblowers. But which is the best cordless electric snowblower?
For our money we would have to say the excellent Snow Joe iON18SB. This small blue and black snowblower is whisper quiet and packs a punch with its 40V lithium ion battery.This battery will run for about 50 minutes, which is probably enough run-time for most users. It’s only 32 pounds as well so it could easily be moved from a shed or nestled in your garage without the eternal struggle that we have come to expect from heavy gas-powered snowblowers.
You don’t need to worry about tune-ups, topping up gas or carbon emissions with this amazing little snowblower. The auger used in this unit is made of pure steel and can launch up to 495 pounds of snow per minute and can cut an 18 inch path. So no more annoying pull cords or extension cords. It’s time to enter the new era of snowblowers with the Snow Joe iON18SB, truly the best cordless electric snowblower around.
Snow Joe iON18SB Ion Cordless Single Stage Brushless Snow Blower with Rechargeable Ecosharp 40-volt Lithium-Ion Battery
- Lightweight design (only 32 lbs) to easily clear sidewalks, driveways and decks.
- 40 V 4.0 Ah EcoSharp rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 50 minutes of whisper-quiet run time.
- No pull cords, gas, oil, tune-ups, carbon emissions or tangled extension cords.
- Steel auger with 2 rubber blades moves up to 495 lbs of snow per minute; cuts a path 18 in. wide by 8 in. deep without damaging surface.
- 180° auto-rotate directional chute throws snow up to 20 ft.