My cat is a maniac and destroys scratching posts. We have a had a few ones with twine wrapped around them and she shreds them up like Wolverine on caffeine pills. The SmartCat Ultimate scratching post on the other hand is totally holding up. The way it is constructed is with sisal fabric that is incredibly durable. Not even my insane cat can rip this stuff. The other great thing about this scratching post is that it is high. Cats naturally want to totally stretch out when they are scratching, but unfortunately most scratching posts are just way too low. It also looks pretty nice with a polished wood base and top-cap. Call me impressed.
My cat can totally stretch right out on this scratching post. It gives her the chance to exercise a bit when she stands on her hind legs and is able to fully extend.
Update: My cat has been using this scratching post for well over a year now and it is standing up really well. There are no signs of major damage which is amazing since my cat’s claws are ridiculously sharp on any given day. It also hasn’t been shedding any fibres or anything like that. All around, I have to say, this is one of the best animal products I have ever purchased.
SmartCat Pioneer Pet Ultimate Scratching Post (Beige)
11 used from $45.69
- DURABLE SISAL: A durable sisal fiber design ensures the SmartCat Ultimate Scratching Post will stand up to your cat’s claws, less snagging like carpet or furniture fabrics.
- TALL AND STRONG: The sturdy design of the scratching tower allows kittens and cats of all sizes to fully stretch when they scratch.
- GOODBYE CLAW MARKS: Satisfy your indoor cat’s natural urge to scratch and protect your furniture while your cat gets in their exercise and stress relief.
- EASY SETUP: Assembly is a breeze with our simplistic design, requiring only 2 screws and two dowels to go from the box to your living room.
- MODERN AND NEUTRAL: Our design is easy on the eyes and neutral color options allow your cat’s favorite activity to be placed seamlessly alongside your furniture.