Any home owner should own a great wet/dry shop vac. And unfortunately home depot and other hardware stores carry some real garbage units. Consider our BIFL pick which is what we consider to be the most durable wet/dry shop vacuum, the Ridgid 50353RID stainless steel if you want something with a bit more power and much better durability.
This Ridgid unit is 6.5 horsepower, meaning that it will suck up fairly large chunks of… whatever… without a hitch. It has an integrated push cart style handle with a built-in fabric pocket for carrying the various attachments that come with it. Believe me, having these close at hand and not buried in a box somewhere can be a life saver.
Ridgid is widely known as one of the best tool companies around, and their motors that they include in their shop vacs are top notch. The hose on this particular model is even more durable than their basic (also excellent) model. And the cherry on top is the durable yet very sleek looking stainless steel outside finish.
Sure, shop vacs are super sexy. But if you need one, consider spending a few more bucks on one that will last in the Ridgid 50353RID stainless steel. This the most durable wet/dry shop vacuum you will find.
Ridgid 50353RID 1610RV Wet/Dry Vacuum, Stainless Steel, 16 gal, Red
- Powerful 6.5 horsepower, high performance wet/dry vacuum
- Long-lasting motor backed by the industries
- Sturdy cart, push handle and large wheels make transporting effortless
- Sound reduction technology
- The ultra-flexible hose won’t pull loose during use, and is 4x more durable than our standard hose. This 1-7/8" x 10' hose has a smooth interior surface to reduce clogging