A lot more women are sporting awesome watches lately. This fashion trend has led to a lot of women asking: Where are all of the durable women’s watches? The reality is that most watches you see at the department store are made a by a single company that makes designs for a bunch of companies. You want to be looking for companies that actually manufacture watches, not repackage them. We have come up with our list of our top ten most durable women’s watches to sift through the garbage and find the gems. We intentionally split this list by the top of the tippy top (Rolex for example) and the more affordable “buy it for life” BIFL options like Citizen. So keep reading!
Up first is the Queen of women’s watches. And to be frank, nothing else out there really touches its quality. This is the Rolex Lady-Datejust 31.This watch is a thing of beauty. Rolex is probably the company that makes the most reliable motion (internal components) in their watches. This self winding watch is just as much a fashion statement as a utilitarian watch that will last decades and decades. The oyster bracelet and polished steel case provide an elegant look that just isn’t matched by any other company around. Of course. you pay for it.
If Rolex is out of your price range, consider the Omega Constellation. This watch uses scratch resistant sapphire crystal on the face covering a beautiful mother of pearl dial. The stainless steel case and bracelet are top notch, giving a cohesive look to this watch that will turn heads for many years to come. And in the inside, this watch uses a top of the line Swiss quartz movement. Luxury all around!
Luminox is next on our list with the Luminox Ladies Navy Seal dive watch. Luminox is rock solid, hence the Navy allowing these watches to be used on the field of battle! Again, Swiss made quartz movement provide super accuracy and the ultra-durable casing is probably one of the most durable cases on the market.
One of our favorite watches for the money is the Citizen Eco-Drive sport. This is a modestly priced women’s watch that uses Citizen’s excellent solar powered technology called eco-drive. You will never need to wind or replace the battery on this watch ever again. Citizen’s Japanese quartz movement is considered one of the best on the market and is an absolute steal for the price. And lastly, this watch looks great!
The direct competitor to the Citizen above is the Seiko Dress Two-Tone Stainless Steel Swarovski Crystal-Accented Solar Watch. Phew, that’s a mouthful! Honestly, the specs of this one are exactly on par with the Citizen. The decision really comes down to aesthetics more than anything. The crystal-studded bezel adds that little flash that the Citizen doesn’t have and looks stunning.
For more budget timepieces, consider the super durable Timex Expedition or the Fossil Women’s ES2811 Riley Rose Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet. These are both excellent watches with a small price tag. You’ll find a lot of Fossil watches out there (they are the company we alluded to at the beginning who make most designer’s watches out there). Their quality is actually pretty decent though.
Orient makes a beautiful watch in their “President” Classic watch. This two-tone watch has elements of even the top notch Rolex and looks amazing. With anti-scratch sapphire crystal and a very luxurious looking face, consider this one if you want a slightly more formal looking watch that is still bomb-proof.
Jumping fully to the sport side of things, we have two fitness oriented sport watches that have passed the cut in being buy it for life BIFL certified. The first is the legendary Casio ‘G SHOCK’ watch for women. This is the same amazing “can’t kill it” quality that we seen in the whole G-Shock line. If you want a digital watch that can be bumped around and not miss a beat, this is your watch. If you want all of the bells and whistles of a true smart fitness watch, we recommend the Garmin Forerunner 225. This GPS and heart-rate monitor watch are perfect companions to runners, joggers, hikers and anyone that finds themselves tracking their fitness. The key here is that Garmin makes a very durable watch. That is more than you can say about most other smartwatches on the market.
Omega Women's 12310276005001 Constellation Analog Display Swiss Quartz Silver Watch
- This brushed model features a white mother-of-pearl dial covered by a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- The bezel, with its engraved Roman numerals, is mounted on a 27 mm stainless steel case, and is presented on a stainless steel bracelet; This timepiece is powered by OMEGA's calibre 1376, a precision quartz movement
- Swiss-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 27mm
- Water Resistant To 330 Feet
Luminox 7065 Ladies Navy SEAL Dive Colormark Watch
- Band Width (mm.):19
- Band Length (in.):6.75
- Water Resistance:200M
- Band Material:Black rubber
Citizen Women's EW3144-51A Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch
$186.95 in stock
- Timeless styling that effortlessly takes you from work to play.
- 3 Hand, Day / Date
- Two-Tone Stainless Steel
- Luminous Hands and Markers and Mineral Crystal
- 100 Meters Water Resistant and 5 Year Limited Warranty
Seiko Women's SUT074 Dress Two-Tone Stainless Steel Swarovski Crystal-Accented Solar Watch
- Round watch with pearlescent dial featuring placed indices, crystal-studded bezel, and date window at three o'clock
- 28.1 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Two-tone stainless steel band with push-button clasp.Mother of pearl dial
- Water resistant to 30 m (99 ft): In general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming
Timex Women's T41181 Expedition Metal Field Mini Black/Brown Nylon/Leather Strap Watch
$38.99 in stock
6 used from $29.56
- Adjustable black 12mm nylon strap with brown genuine leather trim fits up to 7.5-inch wrist circumference
- Cream dial with full Arabic numerals; 24-hour time
- Silver-tone 26mm brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial; luminous hands
- Water resistant to 50m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling
ORIENT "President" Classic Automatic Sapphire Two Tone Gold Ladies Watch NR16002C
Casio Women's 'G SHOCK' Quartz Stainless Steel and Resin Casual Watch, Color:White (Model: GMA-S120MF-7A2CR)
$79.95 in stock
- DETAILS: Features: 200M Water Resistant / 1/100 second stopwatch (100 hr) / 4 Daily Alarm and One Snooze Alarm. Specifications: Case/bezel material: Resin, Resin Band, Magnetic Resistant, Shock Resistant, Mineral Glass and 200-meter water resistance
- GREAT LOOK: Men, women, young, old, teens or tweens can rock this watch! Grab for the day, work, traveling, shopping, hanging out, walking or just to relax in. Pair it with any type of outfit from casual to sporty and everywhere in between.
- GREAT FIT: Comfort is so important, and the key when picking a watch to wear all day. This is not only comfortable, fun, and new, but a style that will bring lots of compliments, while wearing. Perfect gift idea for that birthday, holiday or just for fun present.
- GREAT QUALITY: This awesome quality item comes in a variety of sizes and some styles have more color options. G-SHOCK watches stand out not just with their tough design, but also with their technical refinements.
- G-Shock is, designed to resist mechanical shock and vibration. Its full form is Gravitational Shock. The ultimate tough watch. Guided by a "Triple 10" development concept, the design teams sought a watch with 10-meter free-fall endurance, 10-bar water resistance, and a 10-year battery life.
Garmin Forerunner 225 GPS Running Watch with Wrist-based Heart Rate
- Colorful graphic interface shows your zone and beats per minute at a glance
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate¹*; activity tracking counts steps and calories all day
- Built-in accelerometer records distance indoors
- Connected features²: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with advanced workouts and free training plans from Garmin Connect
Fossil Women's ES2811 Riley Rose Gold-Tone Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet
$80.20 in stock
8 used from $55.46
- Fossil has always been inspired by American creativity and ingenuity. Since 1984, we’ve strived to bring new life into the industry by making quality, fashionable watches and accessories that were both fun and accessible
- Riley plays with proportion in a sophisticated way. With a classic shape and sporty features, Riley is a style that transcends the season
- Case size: 38mm; Band size: 18mm; quartz movement with multifunction display; hardened mineral crystal lens resists scratches; imported
- Rose gold-tone stainless steel case with rose gold-tone dial; rose gold-tone stainless steel bracelet band; links can be removed for a customized fit
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): suitable for bathing, swimming or snorkeling, but is not resistant enough to withstand scuba diving; 10 ATM