For many people the cordless vacuum cleaner is the future. They used to be pretty terrible. Keeping a charge for only a few minutes, having awful suction power, feeling flimsy. That has all changed. The cordless vacuum cleaner industry is now very competitive, with several companies putting out some truly great machines. That’s why we decided to put together a list of the 10 best cordless vacuum cleaners that you can buy today.
We’ll be honest, there is one company that absolutely dominates the others in this category. And that company is Dyson. Their battery and motor technology simply outshines everyone else on this list. So if you are really serious in replacing your old corded vacuum with something cordless, you should 100% be considering a Dyson. The tippy top of the Dyson line-up and without a doubt the best cordless vacuum on the market is the Dyson V8 Absolute. In fact, I would argue that this unit is in the running for the best vacuum around (full stop). It features excellent suction, 40 minutes of run time (nobody else comes close to this) and smart features all around. It comes with ample cleaning tools and a great mounting bracket for the wall. Overall, you just can’t find a better cordless vacuum.
If the Dyson V8 is a bit out of your price range, consider the brand new Dyson V7. It is in many ways the same unit, except with a smaller battery and slightly less powerful motor. Also, it’s pink (not sure if that is a plus or minus). Even more affordable is the previous generation Dyson V6 Origin. These are all refurbished units, but in all honesty if we had to choose a #2 on this list the V6 would still be it! The older Dyson DC59 is also an option for those of you looking for a Dyson bargain out there. This unit is almost on par with the V6 in terms of specs.
Probably the best non-Dyson cordless vacuum out there is the excellent Hoover Linx cordless. This unit is sleek and packs a fairly powerful motor that is powered by an equally excellent 18V battery. There are some people that actually swear by the Hoover Linx as the best around. For a slight jump up in price, consider the Hoover Air Lift 20V. This is a larger unit, but it packs dual batteries that combine for a total of a whopping 50 minutes of cleaning power! For some, the extra bulk actually may be totally worth it considering the run time on this unit.
In the more affordable category is the Eufy HomeVac Lightweight. Again, this thing delivers great battery performance and even a great set of accessories and a wall mount. For the price this may be the best deal on this list.
The duster-buster form factor is actually still a preferred category for many out there that just need a secondary vacuum. Be it for pet cleanup or car cleaning, these are still great buys. The ones we like the most are the Black & Decker 16V Dust Buster and the Black & Decker 20V Pivot vacuum.Both are very affordable and have gotten some great reviews.
And last but not least is the black sheep of the bunch. What if you want all of the versatility of a wet/dry shop vac but want it cordless? Well Dewalt has you covered with the Dewalt Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum. This thing has a tonne of power for a cordless unit and also sports the signature Dewalt durability that we have all come to expect.
Again, if you have the money, the Dyson V8 Absolute is the undisputed champion of cordless vacuums. The rest are also great, but you may not get the oomph that the Dyson provides.
Dyson V8 Motorhead Origin Cord-Free Vacuum Hepa
$359.99 in stock
2 used from $344.99
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Iron
17 used from $249.99
- Cord free, Hassle free, Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
Dyson V6 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Purple
$424.94 in stock
2 used from $299.00
- 150% More Brush Bar Power
- Cord-free. Hassle-free.
- Up to 20 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning.
- The Direct-drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove even more dirt.
- Mini motorized tool removes pet hair and ground-in dirt.
Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner,
- NEW ITEM AVAILABLE: Linx product line will be discontinued from the Manufacturer. Please visit the Hoover ONEPWR Evolve Pet (BH53420PC) page for the new version
- EXTREME RECLINE HANDLE: Reach further without having to move any furniture around
- EDGE CLEANING BRISTLES: Removes dirt, dust, and pet hair against those hard to reach edges
Hoover Vacuum Cleaner Air Lift 20 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Bagless Upright Vacuum BH51120PC
$142.95 out of stock
1 used from $118.99
- Power and Cordless Convenience for Whole-Home Cleaning- 2 batteries provide an average of 50 minutes of cordless fade-free battery power on carpet and hard floors
- Removable Canister-converts from a full-size vacuum to a lift canister for mobile cleaning
- WindTunnel 3 Technology - uses three channels of suction to lift and remove deep-down, embedded dirt
- Multi-Floor Electronic Brushroll- instantly switches from carpet to hard floors with the touch of a button
- Includes a 2-in-1 Dusting and Crevice tool to clean crevices, vents & furniture surfaces, a Hard Floor Brushroll with extra soft bristles for hard floors, a Pivoting Dusting Tool to easily clean hard-to-reach places and an additional filter
eufy by Anker, HomeVac S11 Go, Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, Lightweight, Cordless, 120AW Suction Power, Detachable Battery, Cleans Carpet to Hard Floor
$139.99 in stock
- Effortless Handling: The cordless, lightweight design allows you to maneuver into corners and around furniture with ease.
- Cleans Deeper: Utilize all of the 120AW suction power in max-mode for 8 minutes of fierce and focused cleaning when tackling the deepest dust and debris.
- Versatile Modes: Clean up crumbs and dust with ease for up to 25 minutes in mid mode, the perfect setting for everyday mess. Enable low mode when your whole home requires attention and make the most of an ultra-long 40-minute run-time.
- Tools For Every Task: Whether it be an impossibly tight space or a delicate surface, there is an attachment suitable for any cleaning scenario.
- What’s in the box: HomeVac S11 Go, Wall Mounting Accessories, Floor Brush, AC Charger, Metal Hose, Long Crevice Tool, 2-in-1 Crevice Tool, Mini-Motorized Brush, Extension Hose. 2-year warranty for the vacuum. 12-month warranty for battery pack.
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Sucks up as much dust as a conventional vacuum; Without the hassle of a cord
- 3x the suction power of any other cordless vacuum in use
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V6
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclonesvery floor type
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vac
19 used from $29.99
- MULTI-SURFACE USE – Removes hair, dirt, and debris from carpets, car interiors, furniture, and high-traffic areas.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE – Easy to carry and maneuver, even in tight spaces.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN – On-board extension means you won’t need to bend over as often.
- ROTATING SLIM NOZZLE – Nozzle rotates 180° to fit into tight spaces at different angles.
- PULL-OUT CREVICE TOOL – Accesses hard-to-reach areas like between couch cushions and on top of shelves.
Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX Lithium Pivot Vacuum, 20-volt
$79.95 in stock
2 used from $45.88
- Dustbowl capacity 15 ounces; Lithium technology for strong suction and fade free power
- Exclusive pivoting nozzle means huge power in a compact size
- A high performance motor provides superior suction capability. Replacement Filters : PFV110
- The cyclonic action spins dust and debris away from the filter keeping suction power strong
- 3 stage filtration system. Charge only at ambient temperatures between 50°F (10°C) and 104°F (40°C)
DEWALT DCV581H 18/20-Volt MAX Cordless/Corded Wet-Dry Vacuum
$159.15 in stock
14 used from $116.92
- DEWALT shop vac features cordless or corded operation powered by either an 18V or 20V MAX* battery - or an AC outlet
- HEPA rated wet/dry filter of DEWALT 20V vacuum traps dust with 99.97% efficiency at 0.3 microns
- DEWALT cordless vacuum has easily accessible, washable/reusable filter; tap or water rinse to clean
- Heavy-duty, crush-resistant, fully-integrated 5 ft. (by 1-1/4-inch diameter) hose provides durability, flexibility and ease-of-use
- On-board hose, cord and accessory storage makes the vacuum easy to carry/transport