We are bug fans of traveling with only carry on luggage when going on trips. There’s nothing like the freeing feeling from only bringing the necessities with you while traveling. That is why we really like travel backpacks. These have really evolved in recent years to become a true alternative to traditional rolling suitcases. There are lot of great options from Osprey, Eagle Creek and others… But one of our absolute favorites right now in terms of build quality and functionality is the Tortuga Travel Backpack. Tortuga really “gets” the idea of one bag travel with this durable carry on backpack. This translates into one of the most well-thought-out backpacks we have seen. At 44 litres, it is big enough to pack your necessities and a bit more and the internal pockets can even store up to a 17 inch laptop for those of you who travel for work or need access to a laptop when on the go.
A truly durable carry on backpack
The backpack loads like a traditional suitcase so you don’t have to dump all of your belongings on the floor of a dirty hostel just to find that one item that sunk to the bottom of the bag. This has long been the main criticism of traveling with packing/hiking bags. But the real reason we are featuring this bag here is Tortuga’s uncompromising dedication to quality. The exterior of the bag is about as durable as any of the top bag manufacturers with a heavy denier ballistic nylon. Zippers are top notch and a very comfortable hip belt and set of shoulder straps feel beefy to the touch. Grab handles on the top and the side easily make this bag function as a duffel for when you are going through security and they are stitched multiple times to the bag itself (they aren’t going to fail anytime soon). This goes for the whole construction of the bag which is excellent overall.
If you’re the kind of person that wants to try one-bag travel or you just want a kick ass buy it for life BIFL backpack, then the Tortuga Travel Backpack is for you.
Tortuga Travel Backpack - 44L Maximum-Sized Carry On Travel Backpack
- BRING EVERYTHING YOU NEED WITHOUT CHECKING A BAG. The Tortuga is a maximum-sized carry on backpack measuring 22 x 14 x 9".
- KEEP YOUR BAG ORGANIZED AND YOUR STUFF WITHIN REACH. The Tortuga is front-loading, like a suitcase. Neatly pack your clothes and find what you need in your bag.
- PREVENT DISCOMFORT AND INJURY. The padded hip belt transfers 80% of your bag's weight from your shoulders to your hips for a more comfortable carry.
- NEVER GET ROBBED. All of the Tortuga's main compartments have lockable zippers to deter pickpockets.
- PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER. The padded laptop sleeve fits up to 17" computers, has a lockable zipper, and is easy to access at airport security.