If you’re in the market for a chainsaw, we strongly consider you taking a look at the new breed of electric / lithium ion options available. We have dug around and identified what we think is the best cordless electric chainsaw available: The Dewalt DCCS690H1 40V 6AH Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw. This thing is a beast. It has an amazing brushless motor design that is powered by the included 40V lithium ion battery.
It uses a 16 inch Oregon bar and chain for great cutting potential. The chainsaw is auto-lubricating which is a nice feature for busy people who don’t necessarily want to drop many hours of maintenance on a regular basis. The chain can be tensioned through the tool-free tensioning system and bar tightening knob. The Dewalt DCCS690H1 40V 6AH Lithium Ion XR Brushless Chainsaw has a really good quality multi-speed trigger as well so you can easily control the cutting power (much like a cordless drill).
Since this is a cordless electric chainsaw you don’t have any of the fumes or costs associated with using gasoline. Engine maintenance is virtually a thing of the past since the chainsaw uses a simple electric motor as opposed to the regular mix of spark plugs, carburetors and air filters. All in all this is an excellent cordless lithium ion chainsaw that deserves your attention.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Chainsaw, 12-Inch, Tool Only (DCCS620B)
$158.32 in stock
1 used from $268.88
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the battery powered chainsaw maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4x4 pressure treated wood (using a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery)
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force