Most electronic devices are not considered “buy it for life.” But you’ll run across a lot of audiophiles and movie junkies that swear by speakers that they bought 20 years ago. Surprisingly not too much has changed in speaker technology since the 1970’s so you can absolutely buy a great set of floorstanding speakers and expect them to last. The Definitive Technology BP6 Tower Loudspeakersare some of the best and most durable speakers on the market. While they look very understated, don’t be fooled. These are absolute beasts. The 5.6 inch drivers and 1 inch aluminum dome tweeters can get loud but are also extremely musical sounding. My brother owns a set and uses them for the front soundstage on his home theater setup and loves them. But these would work really great as just a set as well. Keep in mind that these guys are sold in singles (so double the price).
Definitive Technology BP-9040 Tower Speaker | Built-in Powered 8” Subwoofer for Home Theater Systems | High-Performance | Front and Rear Arrays | Optional Dolby Surround Sound Height Elevation Black
$549.99 in stock
- SOUND THAT TRANSCENDS THE STATUS QUO – Features BDSS technology drivers on front & rear array – 8 SPEAKERS! - Front 1" tweeter & (2) 4.5" mid drivers - rear facing 1" tweeter & 4.5" mid driver for more accurate lifelike sound
- INCLUDES INTEGRATED POWERED 8" SUBWOOFER AND 8" DUAL BASS RADIATORS that reproduce such phenomenal lows, that you would never miss a note. Now you don’t need a separate subwoofer to bring out the best from your speaker system!
- EXPLORE A NEW DIMENSION OF SOUND – Definitive's patented Forward-Focused Bipolar Technology elevates audio to the paramount levels. Its wide sound dispersion maximizes soundstage and allows music to reach you wherever you are!
- EFFORTLESSLY EXPAND TO THREE-DIMENSIONAL DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS:X SURROUND SOUND – This tower speaker comes with a built-in docking port that allows you to connect an optional A90 height speaker (sold separately)
- BETTER TONAL BALANCE – Definitive's proprietary Intelligent Bass Control helps enhance bass, which maintains an overall balance between the lows and the mids so you get crystal clear sound