Coffee makers are one item that can drive you nuts. You’ll buy one and it will die in the next 6 months. They just aren’t made like those old percolators from the 1930’s anymore. But if you look hard enough there are still some really great coffee makers that are both very durable and make a great cup of joe. In this post we will take a look at our top seven best quality coffee makers.
Our top pick is the Bonavita BV1900TS. This sucker brews an 8-cup pot of coffee super fast and rivals some of those much slower pour-over coffee makers out there. Featuring a thermal carafe, full stainless steel construction, and a 2 year warranty, the Bonavita BV1900TS gets our “buy it for life” (BIFL) seal of approval. And at $179 this isn’t the most expensive coffee maker out there.
Next up is the Behmor Brazen Plus which is almost on par with the Bonavita. This unit has a unique temperature control system that allows you to customize your brew more than most machines on the market. It even adjusts based on the altitude since water boils at different temperature depending on how high up you are… It is a little slower than the Bonavita but only by a little and it features a handy pre-soak setting that will allow you to “bloom” your coffee before it brews. The design is a little bit wild for some people’s taste but I like the clean lines and stainless steel reservoir.
The Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT is a staple in affordable but decent coffee makers. It’s claim to fame is it’s incredibly reasonable price. At $29 you really can’t go wrong here. It features most of the basic features you’d expect like a timer but also has a few interesting little surprises. You can actually interrupt the brew cycle if you are feeling impatient to grab a cup while it is still brewing (I’ve been there… 6AM…) There is also a really cool brew strength meter that allows you to fine-tune how bold your coffee tastes. All around a solid choice.
The Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 is a great 12 cup unit that brings a classy stainless steel design at a reasonable price $76 price tag. And with a 3 year limited warranty you are covered for any unforeseen manufacturer defects. There’s nothing here that blows my mind, but it makes a great tasting cup of coffee.
Rounding out our list are the Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup and the BUNN 13300.0001 VP17-1SS Pourover in terms of automatic brewers. They are both solid choices for sure. The BUNN in particular has a reputation for lasting over a decade without breaking down. Lastly we included the Bodum Chambord 8 cup French Press which is a very durable option if you are more of a manual coffee maker. French presses arguably make the best tasting coffee around so if you have the time in the morning, definitely check out the Bodum.
Here is the list from least expensive to most expensive:
Bonavita 8 Cup Coffee Maker, One-Touch Pour Over Brewing with Thermal Carafe, SCA Certified, Stainless Steel (BV1900TS)
$179.99 in stock
- SPECIALTY COFFEE AT HOME: Bonavita’s flagship coffee maker brews a full carafe in about 6 minutes; The artisan café style brewer has a compact design and is great for coffee lovers to use in their kitchen or office
- AWARD WINNING RESULTS: Golden Cup Standard Coffee Maker is curated with features to mimic the artisan pour-over brewing method; Flat bottom filter basket leaves less mess and large showerhead creates perfect flavor for cafe quality coffee
- BETTER FLAVOR, FAST: Powerful 1500W heater maintains professional recommended brewing temp of 198°-205°F (91°-96°C) for optimal flavor extraction; Stainless steel thermal carafe is durable and double-walled to keep coffee’s ideal temperature longer
- TASTE THE DIFFERENCE: Showerhead and filter basket work in harmony to evenly saturate coffee grounds for uniform flavor extraction; Optional Pre-Infusion Mode allows fresh roasted coffee to bloom before brewing to enhance its flavor
- BREW WITH BONAVITA: Our coffee brewers and kettles create enriching and delicious coffee experiences without fuss; As your trusted home barista, our appliances are designed to fit with all kitchen decors and deliver great brews all day, every day – cup after cup!
Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer, with 12-cup Glass Carafe, Black and Stainless Steel Finish
4 used from $53.69
- 2 BREW STYLES: Classic or Rich, each brew is flavorful and never bitter with custom brew strengths.
- 12-CUP GLASS CARAFE: Brew small or large batches of coffee – perfect for day to day or entertaining.
- HOTTER BREWING TECHNOLOGY: Delivers even saturation and temperature control for ultra-flavorful coffee.
- SMALL BATCH FUNCTION: Ensure your coffee is never diluted when brewing a small batch (1-4 cups).
- WAKE UP TO HOT COFFEE: 24-hour programmable delay brew allows you to prepare your brew up to a day in advance.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX36GT 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- Brand New in box; The product ships with all relevant accessories
- Pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing using the Pause n' Serve feature
- Ensure your coffee is hot and fresh when you need with the Fresh Brew timer
Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker, 14 Cup Progammable with Glass Carafe, Stainless Steel
$74.99 in stock
14 used from $56.24
- Enjoy Hotter Coffee: Utilize expert coffee-making technology to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect, delivering a delightful taste experience without compromising flavor or quality.
- Brew Strength Control: Tailor your coffee flavor to perfection by choosing between regular or bold settings, catering to your unique taste preferences with every brew.
- Fully Automatic Coffee Brewer: Experience convenience with 24-hour programmability, offering flexibility with 1-4 cup settings, auto-off functionality (0-4 hours), and an optional ready alert tone for added convenience.
- 14-Cup Glass Carafe: Indulge in generous servings of coffee with a sleek glass carafe featuring a decorative stainless-steel handle and matching body, creating a stylish addition to complement your kitchen appliances
- Fill with Ease: Enjoy accurate water filling through the easy-to-view water window, while Cuisinart's Brew Pause feature allows you to savor a cup of coffee before the brewing cycle completes, enhancing your coffee-drinking experience
Technivorm Moccamaster 79112 KBT Coffee Brewer, 40 oz, Polished Silver
3 used from $214.48
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- The top coffee maker choice of coffee brewing experts
- Easy use, one button Operation and 4-6 minute brew time for 40 oz. of Coffee
- Manual adjust brew basket allows you to customize your Coffee
- This Coffee maker features a stainless steel thermal carafe to keep Coffee hot longer. Sturdy, durable, and well-made construction
BUNN VP17-1, 12-Cup Low Profile Pourover Commercial Coffee Maker, 1 Warmer, 13300.0001
7 used from $290.59
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Brews 3.8-gallon (14.4-liters) of perfect coffee per hour
- Completely portable, the pourover brewer requires no plumbing
- All stainless steel construction
- SplashGard funnel deﬂects hot liquids away from the hand
Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker with Locking Lid, 34 oz, Chrome
- Brews flavorful coffee in 4 minutes
- New design allows lid to close off spout to prevent spilling and better temperature control
- Beaker made of ultra-light, heat-resistant borosilicate glass; handle and plunger knob made of bpa free plastic
- 3-part stainless steel mesh filter helps extract your coffee's aromatic oils and subtle flavor
- All parts are dishwasher safe