I’m not a hardcore EDC (everyday carry) guy. But if I was I would make sure I had my Spyderco Delica 4 with me at all times. It’s functional, sturdy and scary sharp… And it feels great in the hand thanks to the nylon handle that they use on the Delica. And for those knife dorks out there this guy is made from VG-10, one of the best grades of steel available at a reasonable price. It’s also a knife that doesn’t look super threatening if you are legitimately just using it as a tool. You’re not Rambo, you’re just a guy that needs to splice cables or cut rope at work. Remember that. The pocket clip is completely removable and reversible and the whole knife is easily broken down for cleaning. It’s damn near indestructible! This knife is absolutely considered “buy it for life” (BIFL) material.
Spyderco Delica 4 Lightweight Signature Folding Knife with 2.90" Flat-Ground Steel Blade and High-Strength Black FRN Handle - PlainEdge - C11FPBK
- Wide Spectrum of Handle Colors - The Delica 4 now offers new vibrant tones including blue, green, brown, gray, orange, zome green, black and purple.
- Superior Blade Steel - The blades are full flat-ground VG-10 Steel with a thinner highly refined cutting edge and a larger 13mm opening hole.
- Ultra-Lightweight - Inside the handle are dual skeletonized stainless steel liners which strengthen the knife without additional weight and double as an anchor for external and internal components to attach through generating more sturdiness.
- Ergonomic - Added to the blade's spine is slip resistant jimping. Phosphor bronze washers smooth out the open/close action and the clip is upgraded to a four-way tip-up, tip-down, left-or right-handed clip.
- A Secure Grip - Molded onto the FRN Handle's surface is Bi-Directional Texturing for slip-free tactile traction. It provides resistance to slipping in the hand.