Every household should have a good set of power tools. If you want to do any repairs or maintenance around your house or apartment you will love having multiple basic power tools at your disposal. And when it comes to rechargeable power tools Rigid is about as good as you can get. So for the money we think the best power tool set around is the Rigid 18V 5 piece set.
This excellent 5 piece set includes: a hammer drill, an impact driver, a circular saw, a handheld reciprocating saw, and an LED flashlight. On top of this it includes two 18V rechargeable lithium ion batteries and a charger to keep them juiced up. These five tools are the basics that most do it yourself repairmen need in their life. Particularly awesome is the impact driver which packs a whopping 2,000 lbs of torque. You won’t be left wanting more power with this sucker.
Why this is the best power tool set
The reason we really love Rigid is their attention to customer satisfaction. When you buy this set be sure to register it immediately with Rigid. This gets your free replacement batteries for life! That’s right, for life. These new lithium ion batteries are light years better than the batteries of old, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need replacement from time to time. Usually after about 5 to 7 years you’ll need to look at replacements. And it’s nice to know that Rigid stands by their product enough to provide this kind of great customer service. This is what takes an excellent power tool set and makes it THE best power tool set and one that is truly Buy It For Life BIFL.
RIDGID TOOL COMPANY R9652 18V Tool Combo Kit (5 Piece)
- Includes RIDGID R8611503 Hammer Drill, R86035 Impact Driver, R8652 Circular Saw, R8642 Reciprocating Saw, R8693 LED Flashlight, R840095 Charger, (2) R840087 4.0 Ah Batteries, Auxiliary Handle, (2) Bits, Circular Saw Blade, Blade Wrench, Reciprocating Saw Blade, (3) Belt Hooks, Bag, and Operator’s Manuals
- Drives various fasteners easily with an open frame motor that provides 2,000 in-lbs of high torque output (Impact Driver)
- Produces 780 in-lbs of torque for demanding drilling and driving applications (Hammer Drill)
- Powers through the cut every time with a best-in-class open frame motor for corded like performance (Circular Saw)
- Delivers optimal cutting speed with 1-1/8" stroke length at 3,000 strokes per minute (Reciprocating Saw)
Disappointed to see that the main reason listed is free batteries for life. Not that this isn’t a great feature, but from the point of view of a life-long DIY fanatic, what is most important is durability of the tool itself.
While I know this site isn’t set up to do actual testing and side by side comparisons, a bit of research would give you some data for customer satisfaction, complaints and durability, etc.
For the price, I personally love Bosch, with Rigid amd is a very close second. If you want top of the line performance and durability, the very best is Milwaukee followed by Hilti and Makita, but at a premium price too.