We have found the crowned king of toasters. The Dualit 2-Slice Toaster is about as durable and functional as you will find. With extra wide 28mm slots you won’t be swearing the name of the toaster gods when you slap in your favorite ridiculously thick bread. And it looks great! With a chrome finish and decidedly retro design, the Dualit 2-Slice Toaster will fit into most modern kitchen designs. But there real deal maker here is Dualit’s extreme attention to detail and craftsmanship. The design has been kicking strong for over 50 years and this amount of time has allowed us to truly see how long these will last. A lot of these original Dualit’s are still kicking! This is owed to the simplicity of the design. When you are talking buy it for life (BIFL) you really want to consider how simple the mechanism is. The parts for this toaster are also quite easy to get a hold of so repairs are relatively easy. The heating elements are extremely efficient and have been known to last for decades without replacement. Stop your search, this is the BIFL toaster you have been looking for. It also comes in a 4 slot design which is equally awesome.
Dualit Design Series 4 Slice Toaster, 4 slot, Black and Steel
- PERFECT TOAST TECHNOLOGY: Calculates the temperature of the toaster and its surroundings and adjusts the cycle to make sure your toast is just how you like it, every time. Also comes with a removable crumb tray to avoid any unwanted mess.
- PEEK & POP: Make burnt toast a thing of the past! Lift the eject lever and check your bread without interrupting the toasting cycle.
- EXTRA WIDE SLOTS: For chunky bread and more – ideal for homemade loaves the 1.4 inch slots let you toast thick slices.
- BAGEL & DEFROST SETTINGS: Perfect for bagels, this setting toasts the cut side whilst warming the other. If you have bread stored in the freezer, the Design Series Toaster can defrost your bread ready for toasting.
- INTERCHANGEABLE PANELS: A range of different coloured panel packs are available for your Design Series Toaster. Simply unscrew the panels and replace with your new set for an immediate update to your kitchen colour scheme.