If you’re anything like me, you have destroyed your fair share of pots by burning rice. I don’t get it, I just can’t cook rice without destroying something. Enter the rice cooker. The Zojirushi Induction Heating System Rice Cooker is the absolute cream of the crop when it comes to this handy appliance. There really is no company that comes close to Zojirushi in terms of build quality and thoughtful features.
Why we love it
This unit uses a proprietary induction heat system to make perfect rice every time. You can set your rice to normal, softer or harder. There are also menu settings for different types of rice ranging from jasmine to sushi rice and everything in between. The inner cooking pan can be removed for easy cleaning. But the best feature is just that this is a bulletproof unit. Engineered and constructed in Japan, this is one of the few kitchenware companies that still cares about quality. And the reviews show it. With over 120 perfect reviews on Amazon, you’d be hard pressed to find another kitchen appliance with such solid reviews across the board. This is where your search for a BIFL rice cooker ends.
Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Pressure Induction Heating Rice Cooker & Warmer, 5.5 Cup, Stainless Black, Made in Japan
2 used from $420.15
- Capacity Up to 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter
- Pressurized Cooking and Steaming: Promotes gelatinization and produces sticky and plump rice Automatically selects from 3 pressure levels according to the menu selected Utilizes 4 different pressure settings to perfect variety of textures Applies pressure at the end during steaming to burn off excess moisture for best cooking results
- Menu settings include: white (regular, softer or harder), umami, mixed, sushi/sweet, Jasmine, porridge, congee, brown, GABA brown, steel cut oatmeal, rinse-free and quick cooking
- Advanced fuzzy logic technology with AI (Artificial Intelligence): AI technology “learns” and adjusts the cooking cycle to get perfect results
- BPA-free (all areas that come into contact with food or beverage)